Monday, March 31, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha Journal Entry

" My father was more at ease on the sea than anywhere else. He smelled like the sea even after he bathed" (9)

"When I was six or seven, I learned something about my father I'd never known. One day I asked him, "Daddy, why are you so old? (10).

Golden's first describes Chiyo as a very blunt little girl. Chiyo is no afraid to hold back thoughts or questions when concerning her father. Like most little girls, Chiyo has many questions and have a desire to learn. Also, Golden's ability to show how calm Chiyo's father was when at sea almost describes her father to be like the sea. The sea is always smooth and peaceful. Much like Chiyo's father.

1 comment:

Amy H 6 said...

Chiyo in a way reminded me of myself when I was a young girl of her age. I was always curious and could never stop talking.