Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Precious Dreams

Here I am an old stage in life. In a powerful, demanding frame.
The air is cruel, forbidding, & drunk
On the way to escape the streetscape
I drink some vile atrocious, contaminated bacteria which hisses
And fogs to have depth and to come
In. The streets look for life, death, or me. Life
is far Death is near. Hell is close, heaven, it’s unreachable.
Tender crisp, deep illuminated night on me. I forge
Through it, them, as
My heart has been sipped on unchangeable now
10 years almost ago, the man comes close to me, swearing & telling.
Who would have thought that I’d be here, nothing
Nobody, no one to tell me that everything
Worth living for is not worth living for.
Life is not as precious as it seems.
Up in the world, far beyond the cloud, now
More than ever before?
Not that lecherous man, peering in taking off her coat
Eyes penetrating her voluminous body. Searching
& feeling in hunger. Not that annoying, petty teen, who was
Going to have to go, careening into the ocean so
To die, and to go on to heaven, imagine
So to go. Not that homeless man, who after very first meeting
I would never & never forget. Whom I visit every night and take him
Into the streets, where Hell fell on him, calling so demanded.
To love him & who will never leave me, not for fame, nor money
Nor even life itself. Which is
Only our human lot & means nothing. No, not anything.
There’s a song “ Live life to it’s fullest”, but no, I won’t do that
I am frustrated. When will I die? I live never die. I will live
To be famous, & I will never go away, & you will never escape from me
Who am always & only a person, despite this world. Spirit
Who lives only to haunt people.
I am only human, & I am in poverty, & I didn’t want my life to
Turn out like this
I came to your life to demand why you done this to me.
Why you done this to people.
Why love live your luxurious life.
Nothing will be done & I can’t depend on fate, nevertheless
I will continue to live cold, poor, and lonely. And watch
The world’s hunger and poverty only continue to grow.

1 comment:

Amy H 6 said...

And I thought this assignment would be easy. I was quickly proven that this was anything but easy. I like how I morphed the poem into my own.